Friday, February 8, 2013

Muffin Tin Oatmeal

Muffin Tin Oatmeal




My new years resolution this year was to learn.  One of the things I am learning about is my body and how I see it in ten years, twenty, thirty and on.  I saw this quote on Facebook (which by the way is an excellent way to learn and I love it) that said, don't you wish you'd started last year? Yes I do as a matter of fact! This year will just have to do!

I want to cook and bake healthy for my family so I have been visiting blogs, reciple websites, and facebook pages and twitter links.  Our diet has been changing over the course of the past three months to a more cleaner way to eat.  My husband sort of hates me but he will learn to appreciate it when we are hiking together in our retirment years.

Lyric likes oatmeal but I wanted to cut back on his sugar.  I find he is the better side of himself when we watch his refined sugar. I came across this recipe while searching for low sugar, healthy breakfast on The Gracious Pantry.   The link to her page is on the right side of my blog page. 

Muffin Tin Oatmeal
(shared from The Gracious Pantry)

Ingredients:
-Rolled oats (that is what I used)
-fruit of your choice

Directions:
In your muffin tin (I didn't use all the cups) add 2 tablespoons of oats, add fruit of your choice,  I used shredded apple, and fill 3/4 with water.  Bake in the oven at 350 degrees celcius for 30 minutes or more depending on your oven.  If you want to add a little more of a sugar flavor try a bit of pure maple syrup on top. 

ENJOY! I would love some to hear how some of them turned out!

Follow along in all I say on grOundBlogdaYs


Description

0 comments:

Post a Comment