Monday, March 18, 2013

Roasted Honey Chickpeas



My children are sleeping which gives me an opportunity to write in my fabulous blog that I am loving.  Blogging gives me an opportunity to capture these moments of my life through stories, ideas, and lately recipes.  My maternity leave will be up in five months! The challenge will be to maintain our eating habits when I am back to a full time job.  It will take some thought and some crafty work!  I am up for the challenge!


Finding an eating balance in our home has been the biggest challenge.  Lyric is adjusting and is eating well but every once in awhile he decides he no longer "likes that" or catches me making him a 'spinach banana Greek yogurt with honey smoothie' then refuses to drink it. It devastates me most of the time but it pushes me onto the next challenge.  I have my husband almost on board with me and the healthy revolution going on in my house but he feels the need to hover over my should when I am planning meals.  I told him last night that the only critics I am working around are the children. If they like it, we have a winner!

Wanted to share a sweet little road trip snack my buddy Hollie shared with me.  They are made with are a crunchy sweet snack!  I like them on my salads!



Roasted Honey Chickpeas
  
Ingredients
15-ounce can Chickpeas
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
 
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander. Rinse them really good! You will notice the skins come off. Place them on a towel to dry off.
  3. Spread chickpeas on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until crispy. Test one, and if it's still soft, bake for longer.
  4. While the chickpeas are still hot, toss them in a bowl with the oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Enjoy as is or for a caramelized effect, place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
  5. Store leftover chickpeas in an airtight container.

You can experiment with all kinds of spices.  I made some chili tasting ones and they are so good.

Follow along in all I say on grOundBlogDays







0 comments:

Post a Comment